Conduct outreach to non-profit groups’ members, volunteers, and constituents to change their own behaviors and advocate for policy and system changes outlined in the National Physical Activity Plan.
- Use evidence-based behavior change methods to reach all constituents, including people with disabilities.
- Use community mobilization techniques to recruit and engage members, volunteers, and constituents.
- Adopt the workplace tactics recommended by the Business and Industry sector.
- Use all available communication channels to members, volunteers, and constituents, including print publications, websites, social media, broadcast media, and newsletters to promote engagement in behavior change and advocacy.
- Use enhanced strategies, such as culturally tailored programs, materials, and communication channels, to reach special populations, low-income, underserved and/or minority populations, and people with disabilities.